Table of Contents
If you haven’t set up screen time limits on your kid’s phone already, chances are you’ve thought about it. Most parents can plainly see that their kids spend too much time on their phones. They worry that their kids are addicted to constant interaction, and they worry about the content.
Fortunately, screen time apps can regulate and reduce daily screen time, keeping your kids safer and giving you more peace of mind. Track how much time your children spend using apps, websites, and other media. With screen time applications, you’ll know your entire family’s real-time usage of your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Android devices. You’ll be able to block or limit screen time and impose other restrictions on your children’s phones as you deem necessary.
This is not a new problem. We know that, on average, kids use their phones for over seven hours daily, far more than the two hours considered healthy. We’ve learned that excessive screen usage negatively impacts kids’ academic performance and sleep cycles. And while they often look stressed and frustrated while “playing,” they seemingly cannot put the phone down and move on to something else.
In fact, controlling screen time has become an increasingly urgent step for parents to take to foster and protect their children’s health and happiness. And it’s more straightforward than you might think. Let’s look at how you can set screen time limits on your child’s iPhone or iPad using Apple’s inbuilt features and screen time applications.
Set up Screen Time on iPhone or iPad Without Using An Application
You can use family sharing features to set up the screen time restrictions on your child’s device by following these steps:
- Unlock your child’s iPhone or iPad and open the settings.
- Scroll down and look for screen time. You can also search for it at the top using the search bar.
- Tap on the screen time option and then tap Continue.
- On the following page, you’ll see an option to choose the owner of the iPhone or iPad. Select “This is my child’s iPad or iPhone.” It will belong to the parent until your child turns 18 years old.
- Under the slider, other choices exist for limiting applications, including movies, books, and TV series. Additionally, other limitable features are shown by scrolling down. If you restrict applications, the app store will only have games and other content appropriate for children of a designated age.
- After you’ve entered your preferences, press the Limitations button at the bottom of your screen.
Set up Screen Time on iPhone or iPad With Avosmart
One of the most popular and user-friendly screen time management apps for parents is Avosmart. It provides robust parental controls and monitoring capabilities, including setting screen time restrictions, filtering out problematic information, and banning specific applications and games. The software has the extra benefit of managing devices across several platforms.
The Avosmart app makes it easy to follow your kids’ activities on their phones, including websites and applications, enabling you to establish reasonable screen time restrictions. Filtering technology shields children from harmful information and evaluates and screens what is appropriate for your child based on your preferences.
You may establish restrictions on games and applications using Avosmart, including banning inappropriate games and apps. Avosmart will also block inappropriate content, even in private browsing mode. You’ll be able to track texts and calls, keep an eye on how much time your youngster spends on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or WhatsApp, and even establish multi-device time limitations.
The app prioritizes usability so you can focus on ensuring your children use their gadgets responsibly. Yes, your kids will be aware of the restrictions if they attempt to access a non-approved site, but it’s worth a little fuss. A parental control application like Avosmart will help you protect your children’s future security and well-being.